couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search feature ?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:29:04 GMT
Depends on what you mean by "search". If you want "fulltext search",
then yes, your best choice so far is couchdb-lucene. But if you just
want to find documents by their properties, then you don't need to use
some external tool.
For example I use this function to "search" for animals in my database.
function (doc) {
    if (doc.doc_type == 'Animal') {
            emit(doc.ear_mark, doc);
            emit(doc.belt, doc);
            emit(doc.birth_date, doc);
    };
}
the user starts typing (either of these properties) in a text field
and is able to find the animal she is looking for.