couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Steinmetz <>
Subject Re: Installing Couch on a machine with no internet and other issues
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:18:21 GMT
2010/1/18 Brian Candler <>

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 02:51:18PM -0500, Dave Ray wrote:

> That doesn't tell you how to write a .spec file though. As a first call,
> I'd start googling for them. There are several public RPM repositories out
> there which publish spec files for thousands of packages.

You can grab if from Fedora SRPMS.

I used to recompile PHP packages from Fedora for our own RHEL 5.x systems.
It worked well with FC 10 packages. I started to have troubles with FC11 and
mainly with FC12 packages. It's due to the fact that bases from RHEL 5.x is
less and less closed to FC11/12 base system.

For some FC12 packages (less complex than PHP & related dependancies), it
worked well, so you can have a try :-)

Nicolas Steinmetz -