couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Steinmetz <nsteinm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search feature ?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:32:14 GMT
Hi,

2010/1/17 Metin Akat <akat.metin@gmail.com>

> Nicolas, in your particular situation you need full text search.
> Nothing less will be satisfactory for you and your users. And in my
> opinion setting up couchdb-lucene is easier than writing
> "fulltext-like" views for couchdb. Go read the docs here
> http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene/tree/0.4-maint
> If you get in trouble, I could try to help you.

I agree that couchdb-lucene would be more efficient. But for one of my
project (the tiny CRM app), I was thinking about using CouchDB instead of an
existing MS Access DB. As the app is to be run on Windows, I would have
liked something really easy to run.

The user of this app does not have internet at work, so I would have liked a
self contained app instead of having to deploy some java software
(jdk+lucene) + ...

So for my own app on a server, I'll give a try to couchdb-lucene. For my
tiny CRM app, maybe I'll use some pure couchdb code depending on
requirements.

Thanks for all your replies,
Nicolas

--