couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing sample data with couchApp
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:18:08 GMT
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Klaus Pieslinger
<klaus.pieslinger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious, but why don't you just import the samples using curl and POST
> _bluk_docs instead?

I was just following the "sofa" sample available in the couchDB book,
and that was using couchApp and I thought that all could be imported
in one step when pushing my app via couchApp. Are you saying that this
is not the recommended way ?

If I start using curl to post the docs, I'll have to start maintaining
"deployment scripts" to automate this, and this might have platform
specific issues... so I was trying to avoid this for now.

[1] http://books.couchdb.org/relax/example-app/design-documents

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende