couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <>
Subject GWT app stored and served from CouchDB?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:55:51 GMT
I'm looking at GWT as a way to ease my way from Java-land into

I really like the deployment model of CouchDB - no multiple tiers, no web
server to set up and configure, no hosting site to link up with (besides

So, I am thinking I could push a GWT app (a bunch of HTML, JavaScript and
images) into CouchDB as attachments, and serve the app straight up from

Before I blithely go down this path, I'd like to ask those of you more
experienced in this world if there are any fundamental issues with doing
this (practical or philosophical).

Thanks in advance,

David W. Van Couvering