couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Bronson <jabron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9 -> 0.10 view migration
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:39:23 GMT
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Joshua Bronson <jabronson@gmail.com> wrote:

> we're going to give
> http://github.com/kocolosk/couchdb/tree/0.9.2-and-view-compaction a shot

Uh oh, I just installed this branch, took down our system couch (0.9.0), got
0.9.2-and-view-compaction up and running (pointing at our live data), and
browsed to a view in Futon, but no results. I checked the status page and
the view group indexer is running. I expected to still be able to access the
uncompacted views while couch was writing out the compacted ones. Did I
misunderstand, Adam?

I tried killing 0.9.2, started 0.9.0 back up again, but then:

$ curl localhost:5984/melkjug  # (the live db)
{"error":"error","reason":"{{badmatch,unknown_header_type},\n
[{couch_db_updater,init,1},\n  {gen_server,init_it,6},\n
 {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}"}

I thought the 0.9.2-and-view-compaction backport was supposed to preserve
the header so it could still be read by 0.9.0. Again, did I misunderstand?

I brought 0.9.2 back up and let it continue doing the compaction, but
currently our site is down in the meantime. If there's any way to get couch
to serve results from the uncompacted views while compaction is running,
please holler back soon.

Thanks,
Josh