couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Karel Minařík <karel.mina...@gmail.com>
Subject Measuring duration of view index building
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:06:02 GMT
Hi all,

I need to give dependable information on how specific indexes for a
large dataset (> 6 mil docs) took to build. I know that indices are
built upon first hit to view, that I can run curl, etc etc etc.

Doing a `time curl ...` in a screen just doesn't sound too convenient
for me. So I'd like to ask if there are any best practices out there
to solve this.

Of course, the best thing in my case would be, if couch itself would
log something like "start/end building index for _design/mydoc" -- but
as far as I know, there's no way to do that?

In that case, how are you measuring such things?

Thanks!,

Karel