couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Clark Hess <seanh...@gmail.com>
Subject Do document versions ever expire?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:56:38 GMT
I'm wondering if old versions of documents ever expire. On servers that are
disk-bound (like my tiny VPS slices will be) this could be something I had
to design around.

For example, when importing data (millions of rows) from a relational
database, I want to be able to build a document a piece at a time. The
relational schema is wacked - it has information about a given document in
like 10 different tables, and I don't want to have to try to hold everything
in memory just so I only have to write the document once.

Any way to control it, or turn versioning off?  Is it even a concern?
Thanks!