couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matt Goodall <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do I need the couchdb.stdout file?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:47:35 GMT
2010/1/7 Zachary Zolton <zachary.zolton@gmail.com>

> Relaxers,
>
> It seems the contents of my server's couch.log file and couchdb.stdout
> file are fairly identical, showing all the request being made to the
> server.
>
> Given the seeming redundant data, I ask: Do I need to maintain both
> these files? Or should I just add couchdb.stdout to my log rotation
> and forget about it?
>
> (I wasn't able to find any reference to this in the wiki, nor much
> useful information via Google.)
>

> Cheers,
>
> Zach
>

> P.S. I'm mostly interested in this since I was just bitten by a
> server's disk partition getting filled up by this very file... (^_-)

Heh, I experienced something similar the other day. I run couchdb under
daemon and let daemon handle sending the couchdb output to a log file. A was
surprised to discover that couchdb was logging to var/log/couchdb/couch.log
too.

Perhaps couchdb log to stdout when run in the foreground or couch.log when
daemonised?

- Matt