couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <mar...@buyways.nl>
Subject RE: Large documents are not uploading.
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:15:54 GMT
Hello,

Although RAM may limit some actions i truly doubt that its actually RAM
size that limits the max upload size. It would be incredibly foolish for
a browser developer to 1) load all data in RAM and 2) read RAM contents
to socket. A proper, and i believe modern browser developers use this,
technique is streaming from disk to socket, perhaps using a small
buffered reader.

Cheers,

-
Markus Jelsma          Buyways B.V.
Technisch Architect    Friesestraatweg 215c
http://www.buyways.nl  9743 AD Groningen

Alg. 050-853 6600      KvK  01074105
Tel. 050-853 6620      Fax. 050-3118124
Mob. 06-5025 8350      In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 15:24 +0530, Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL wrote:

> Hello Benoit,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have 2 GB RAM. What should be the minimum RAM required to upload such a big file?
>
> Regards,
> Vikas

is an image file of sun virtual box machine. Size of my file is 3.5 GB. When I try to upload
this file it starts to upload and nothing is happening after that i.e. uploading is not successful.
I tried with 11 Mb file and it is working fine.

> > I have also changed the values of max_document_size and max_attachment_chunk_size
in defauilt.ini file to 17 GB. But still no progress.