couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FTI engine by Joe
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:01:28 GMT
I have been following http://lucene.apache.org/lucy/ this seems like
an active development
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-lucy-dev/) and I was
wondering about using it as a replacement for Java Lucene.

Might be useful to have a trade-off discussion about all approaches,
Java Lucene, Lucy, and Erlang FTI.

Norman

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Robert Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> I think so, and have already done some integration work [1] using an earlier version
of some of this from the Erlang book. There are still lots of design questions such as what
to index and how to specify what to index, how to store indices and how to interact with the
view servers, etc..

> There is also already very solid FTI support for couchdb using Lucene[2]. Lucene is very
mature and proven and widely used so this fits many uses cases.