couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple replication fails to copy over design docs
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:19:22 GMT
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Robert (Campbell), the replicator uses the authentication credentials you supply in
your POST to /_replicate to open any local DBs.  If you're doing this through Futon, it may
be that Futon is not sending an Authorization header in that replication request.  I suspect
that if you try the request manually, e.g.

> curl http://user:pass@destination.net:5984/_replicate -d '{"source":"http://source.net:5984/dbname",
"target":"dbname"}'

> it will successfully replicate the design docs.  Alternatively, you can trigger the
replication from the source and supply a user:pass in the target URL.

I've been working around this by using the Futon replicator, but
treating both requests as remote dbs, so I can add basic auth
credentials to the target URL.

Best,

--
Chris Anderson