couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scaling dimensions in reduce
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:44:31 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Matteo Caprari <matteo.caprari@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kosta.
>
> I'm trying to output an svg chart using a _list function, so no client
> is consuming the view directly.
>
> I could find the max and scale the data inside the list, but that
> would consume quite a lot of memory for big datasets,
> unless it was possibe to reset the iterator...

There are a few use cases which could benefit from the ability to
specify an array of view queries in the POST body. By querying the
reduce, and then the non-reduce, you could do this in a list. But
first we need that feature. It would look like a more generalized form
of this:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-523

--
Chris Anderson