couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Test Suite Mostly Fails
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:05:00 GMT
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Joshua Brickner
<joshua.brickner@me.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Joshua Brickner
>> <joshua.brickner@me.com> wrote:
>>> I have a new, clean installation of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.2) I've installed
CouchDB and all dependencies. CouchDB seems to work OK at first, I can run futon and use it.
However, problems arise when I run the Test Suite I get a myriad of errors. You can view my
couchdb.log file here: http://gist.github.com/257972

>>> Most of the errors are like this: {"error":"os_process_error","reason":"{exit_status,133}"}
>>>
>>> The tests screech to halt on the "view_collation" test. And this message is displayed
at the bottom:

>>> 44 of 55 test(s) run, 33 failures (9459 ms)
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what the problem could be?
>>>
>>> - Josh
>>>

>> Can you run the couchjs binary on the command line?
>>
>> Something like:
>>
>> $ couchjs /usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js
>>
>> And then type ["reset"] and hit enter. If that fails can you paste the output?
>>
>> Paul Davis
>

> This is what I get:
>
> macinjosh:~ Josh$ couchjs /usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js
> dyld: Library not loaded: Darwin_DBG.OBJ/libjs.dylib
>  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/couchdb/bin/couchjs
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> - Josh

Did you happen to follow the instructions for building Spidermonkey
that say to use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH? I'd suggest symlinking the library
and headers into /usr/local/[include|lib] to see if that fixes your
issue. There are instructions at [1] under the "Avoiding
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" section. After you fix that, you'll probably need
to re-configure and re-build couchdb.

Paul Davis