couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Baldridge <tbaldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Duplicate keys in a view
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 19:00:40 GMT
 I've been working with CouchDB for several weeks now, and love it, but
 I've got a bug that's giving me issues.

 I have a map function in a View that generates many duplicate keys.
 Let's say these keys are thus:

 [ "foo", "bar"],
 [ "foo", "barr"],
 [ "foo", "bar"],

 Now I want to query the two duplicate rows above. However here's where
 I hit an issue. If I use: ?key="['foo', 'bar']"

 Couchdb replies:

 {"total_rows":3,"offset":0,"rows":[]}

 I assume this is because we have duplicate keys. However, if I do this:

 ?start_key="['foo', 'bar']"&end_key="['foo', 'bar']"

 I get all three docs returned (instead of the two I wanted), because
 barr is considered a subset of bar.

 So how do I get the view to return multiple rows?

 Thanks.

 Timothy Baldridge

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination