couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <david.vancouver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two Concerns
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:55:37 GMT
Chris, is the CouchDB "vision" and focus going to be more on the
localhost/CouchApp type of solution, or more on a robust, scalable
distributed document database?  My sense is the former, even though I think
CouchDB has a lot of advantages in the latter.

In particular, CouchDB is easy to understand, easy to set up, easy to use,
is free, and has strong community support.  None of the other distributed
solutions have all those advantages, be it sharded MySQL, Hadoop, Neo4j or
Cassandra.

Is there room for CouchDB to go in both directions, or should those of us
looking for a good distributed DB solution be looking elsewhere?

Thanks!

David

--
David W. Van Couvering