couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error compacting a database on Windows
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 22:45:26 GMT
On 4/12/2009 8:56 AM, ujay68 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing CouchDB on Windows XP with the installer from
> http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/0.10.0/
>
> When I try to compact a database (about 7.000 documents, about 40 MB)
> I get this error on the console:
>
> Any idea what's going on here? Quering the database seems to work.

What Paul said is 100% correct.  Specifically, you will see this error
after the compaction has completed and while couchdb is attempting to
swap the old and new databases.  If you can ensure no updates are being
made during the compact process, you could probably compact (getting the
error you reported), stop couchdb, delete the old DB and rename the
compacted one, then restart couch.

HTH,

Mark