couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to setup authentication?
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:14:17 GMT
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Matthias Nothhaft
<matthias.nothhaft@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure/setup CouchDB 0.10 on Ubuntu so that I can
> restrict access per database to different users. It would be enough to
> have one user per database.
>
> Are there any docs/information how to do this? Any more detailed
> information than those from "the book"?
>
> I wasn't able to find enough information about setting up this kind of
> access restriction. :-(
>
> I'm also interested in how to use the OAuth support.

Matthias,

The easiest way right now is to use a proxy like Apache httpd with
rewrite configuration.

One place to look is the Ubuntu One source code:

https://code.launchpad.net/~sil/desktopcouch/plaintext-auth-for-u1

There's also some stuff on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Authentication_and_Authorization

--