couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about document copies & replication
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:10:11 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:49 AM, David Nolen <dnolen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM, David Nolen <dnolen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> user/inbox - replicated from server to client
>> user/private - new and unpublished documents go here
>>

> user/private also replicated to user/feed so that we can run queries on
> merged data.

That's one way to do it. You can also maintain views across multiple
dbs, and merge them at query time. It's a little tougher to do on a
thin client.

Once couchdb-lounge style functionality arrives in CouchDB you'll be
able to merge view queries from multiple databases on the server,
which could help here.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net