couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB doesn't work for me, not even 0.10
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:22:45 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM, James R. Leek <leek2@llnl.gov> wrote:

>>> Well, I built and installed SSL, then rebuilt erlang and couchdb, and it
>>> didn't seem to help my immediate problem.  ODBC doesn't seem to work for me
>>> though, but I don't think I need it.
>>
>> Yeah, no worries about that. Is all working for you now?
>
> No, I still seem to be having some kind of problem with initialization, or
> something.  Jim seemed to think it was because couchDB couldn't find the
> config files.  I can't seem to fix it for the life of me.  I even built make
> dev, still crashes.  My other email covers it.  I'm extremely frustrated.

Sorry, I know the feeling.

/me remembers trying to compile php5 on dreamhost back in the day...

I'm not sure what to do next. If I were you I might try installing
CouchDB on a VM or some other computer. Chances are you won't see the
issue again. Maybe having a working install will help you see what's
different about your box.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson