couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: Question to view generation and concurrent queries
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:02:14 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:54 AM,  <> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a question concerning the view generation. Assume I want to insert a bulk of documents.
> Now I have two users who query the view. The first user triggers the view generation,
that takes some time. If the second user queries the view during the view generation, does
he process the query on the old view? I suppose the queries of this user are much delayed?
So after the view generation is completed, there is a switch to the new view?
> Thanks for your help!

Views are built once regardless of how many users attempt to access
it. When the second request comes in to build the view, it will wait
for the same view building process that the first request triggered.

Paul Davis

View raw message