couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Campbell <rrc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /etc/init.d/couchdb stop never really stops the db
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:01:05 GMT
> Also it could be useful to add "-p /path/to/pid_file" in each case.

root@default:~# couchdb -b -p /var/run/couchdb
Apache CouchDB needs a regular PID file: /var/run/couchdb

Just to clarify, I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on Slicehost. I ran "apt-get
install couchdb" when I first got the slice, and the install seemed to
go well. When I ran "curl -X GET localhost:5984" after the install, it
correctly printed:
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.10.0"}

I have no idea why the init.d script can't stop the server on CouchDB
0.8.0 and 0.10.0