couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Smrchy <>
Subject Help with couchdb-lucene
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:38:45 GMT

i don't know what i'm missing - maybe someone can push me in the right

I installed couchdb-lucene 0.4 and couchdb seems to start without errors.

I created a document:

   "_id": "_design/lucene",
   "_rev": "2-f7d29646a16db961903f7d7b73fe1d77",
   "fulltext": {
       "by_name": {
           "index": "function(doc) { var ret=new Document(); ret.add(; return ret }"

I got lots of documents with = "somename" and some other fields in
the database.

Now whatever i do i can't query a document.

I either get "database/lucene/by_name is not a valid view" with this query:

The above is the only design document i got in the db so far. Do i need
another one?

Some help would be appreciated :)