couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Coffman, Timothy A" <tim.coff...@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject RE: Lounge issues
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:02:44 GMT
Well, that illuminates my problem a bit more.  It's not just one symbol:

[tcoffman]$ ldd /usr/lib64/

/usr/lib64/ /lib64/ version `GLIBC_2.8' not found
(required by /usr/lib64/ => /lib64/ (0x00002b1897c18000)

        /lib64/ (0x0000555555554000)

yum seems to have a pretty clear answer for me:

[tcoffman]$ yum list glibc

Installed Packages

glibc.x86_64                             2.5-24

glibc.i686                               2.5-24

Now I just have to determine if it's safe for me to update to a more
recent version.  glibc seems to be a critical core component, so I don't
want to just assume my system will keep working if I upgrade.  Tricky.

Perhaps a better approach would be to install json-c 0.7 from src,
building against the glibc 2.5 that is already installed.  The problem I
foresee there will be, I don't have the spec file for making an RPM for
json-c, and Lounge won't build against a json-c that wasn't installed
via an RPM.  I could be wrong about that, so perhaps I should just give
it a try.

Tim Coffman

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

(615) 936-6496