couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Lennart Melzer <l.mel...@tu-bs.de>
Subject Re: Comment tree design in CouchDB?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:43:16 GMT
yup, good question. I see that you, Brian, have some kind of timebase-uuid-generator in your
couchtiny lib. But that doesn't use couchdb's internal features.

Is there some undocumented feature we don't know of, yet?

On Nov 25, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Metin Akat wrote:

> Hmm, could you explain how to configure CouchDB to generate such uuids please?
>

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:48:16PM +0100, Lennart Melzer wrote:
>>> Right now I can either have those documents sorted by their creation date, or
hierarchically correct, but not both.

>>> I don't want to use incrementing ids, since I'd like to stick with the uuids
( or at least with ids, that do not tell anything about the ordering).