couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb and erlang library issues
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:00:28 GMT
On Nov 20, 2009, at 9:51 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti wrote:

> Couchdb is injecting itself into Erlang lib and one of the library I am most
> interested in is "mochiweb". I have an Erlang application which also uses
> Mochiweb and both lib uses different version. My app actually isolates
> Mochiweb into different directory and uses erlang library (ERL_LIBS) to put
> it in library path. It is nice isolation which couchdb lacks or I am not
> aware of this isolation from couchdb. Do you guys have any thought on this?
> How in this situation, mutual differential libraries are handled?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,
> http://pmsenthilkumar.blogspot.com/

Hi, CouchDB is certainly not injecting itself into the Erlang lib directory; it installs OTP
apps including mochiweb in $PREFIX/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib.  The startup script uses ERL_LIBS
to add this directory to the code path on startup.

Currently the CouchDB startup script does not preserve a user's current value of ERL_LIBS,
so that may be one area for improvement.  Best,

Adam