couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Python view server and fractions
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:54:32 GMT
Dear All,

Me and my colleagues are Python/Pylons programmers.
During the last several months we have adopted CouchDB as our primary
database management system.
So far we are using javascript for writing views, but now we are
considering seriously migration to couchdb-python's view server,
mostly because of doing precise math with fractions (and long integers
if needed).

I have two questions:

1. I've read that the python view server is (much) slower/buggy etc.
Have you used it in production? What's your experience?

2. I'd like to use the fractions module (part of the standard library)
in my views. I know only one way to do it - import it inside the view
(import it every time the view is called). Is there some way to import
it "globally", so that it's always available to the views?

Regards,
Metin