couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher O'Connell" <jwritec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update API
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:55:08 GMT
Just as a quick aside on the changes API, as a couple of people helped me
figure out last night in the IRC channel, do be careful about grabbing the
canges API if its very large, as some JSON processing libraries take obscene
amounts of space to decode a JSON object that large.

I don't think it's on the wiki, but limit=n works for _changes

~ Christopher

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Matt Goodall <matt.goodall@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/11/8 Andrew Melo <andrew.melo@gmail.com>:
> > Oh, I'm sorry, I think I misspoke. I was looking for the API that will
> > notify me when a new document is added to the database.
>
> I think this is what you're looking for:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API#Changes
>
> - Matt
>

> > thanks,
> > Andrew
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Dave Ray <daveray@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> There's also a page on the Wiki here:
> >>

> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_intercept_document_updates_and_perform_additional_server-side_processing
> >>
> >> but I would trust the test suite more :)
> >>
> >> Dave

Can