couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ilya Sterin <ster...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] New java library (JRelax)
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:34:43 GMT
http://wiki.github.com/isterin/jrelax

JRelax was born out of necessity of building a scalable and flexible
persistence model on top of CouchDB for a startup company. I looked
around and didn’t really see what I liked. Other frameworks have
various pieces that are good, but overall my experience wasn’t very
pleasant. To top that off, some frameworks didn’t keep up with the
pace CouchDB was moving at, though giving you a choice of either
sticking with an older CouchDB version or digging into the source and
patching it. Because this library powers a real applications which is
growing and maturing, this library will be up do date with the latest
and greatest.

This is not to bash any of the other libraries, I'm sure many folks
love them.  We all have API preferences and this API just fits our
needs.

Also, the API was build from real usage patterns which were extracted
from real use cases. I actually created the tests first with stubs in
the higher abstraction module to see which type of an API I’d really
appreciate using and JRelax was extracted. The API is based on Java 5
features (mostly lots of generics), so you need at least JSE 5.0 to
use/run it.

In the near future I’ll set up maven publishing, sorry for now, the
releases either have to be downloaded from the downloads section
and/or built from source.

Any comments/suggestions are really appreciated.  Until I have some
time to set up email list and other resources, any communication
should probably be done through this list or directly to me.

Thanks.

Ilya Sterin