couchdb-user mailing list archives

From ericdes <e...@vcardprocessor.com>
Subject Re: What happens with a document, if a conflict is not resolved?
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 06:43:27 GMT
Brian,

I read your posts about conflicts with great interest. I'm currently
writing a .Net driver for CouchDB, and my point of view about making the
default GET include all conflicts is that it is not a bad idea at all
(even ideal), although a driver implementation may 'hide' that by
implementing a GetDocument method that would add the query option by
default.

I think it's more annoying not to have the possibility of using the
conflict query 'conflicts=true' when requesting multiple documents (I
mean especially when you don't want to include the docs). For example,
this could be used by a CouchDB explorer type application that would
retrieve all record metadata and signal the conflicts with a specific
icon (like tortoise SVN does when a document is out of sync for example).

Eric Desgranges.