couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <senthilkumar.peelikkampa...@gmail.com>
Subject retrieving list of document
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 02:45:29 GMT
This is about view query, in order to avoid bulking up the document, I am
thinking of emitting (doc.title, null), and I can use

   1. include_doc=true to retrieve the document OR
   2. later fire more requests to get actual document

however step 1 has one caveat. It slows things down but not sure how much it
slows down but when my work load would normally be 95% fetching from these
queries. Other option is not including include_doc and later issuing one
more query with retrieved list of documents. But CouchDb lacks API which
accepts lists of document ids and return only those document somthing
similar to "in" clause in SQL. Considering couchdb lacks specific list type
api I am going with step 1 in oder to avoid  multiple round trip. Am I
missing something?

--
Regards,
Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,