couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <senthilkumar.peelikkampa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang-only CouchDB
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 02:22:48 GMT
I already tried that option, it even broke something else.
but got
1> application:start(couch).
{error,{"no such file or directory","couch.app"}}

It looks like erl is not inheriting or not obeying sudo

But finally, the below step did help me solve privilege issues,

   1. sudo bash
   2. set ERL_LIBS
   3. export it
   4. erl

Actual steps are

   1. sudo bash
   2. ERL_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib
   3. export ERL_LIBS
   4. echo $ERL_LIBS  --- to verify the var is set properly
   5. erl
   6.

 solved  in my macbook OS-X 10.5.8  :)

Thanks paul.