couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb and Mochiweb latest code
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:44:17 GMT
On Nov 20, 2009, at 10:37 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti wrote:

> I saw JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-474, about Mochiweb
> upgrade. I happen to see mociweb Bop applied Adam's latest patch, with that
> still I am not able to run Couchdb with latest Mochiweb, Any one able to
> make couchdb work on latest Mochiweb?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,
> http://pmsenthilkumar.blogspot.com/

The only incompatibility I'm aware of is in the JSON format.  CouchDB uses a modified version
of mochijson2 which decodes Objects as {proplist()} instead of {obj, proplist()}.  At one
point I thought there was some agreement to converge on the CouchDB version, but that never
happened.

I'd be in favor of just adding a couch_json module which is nothing but our fork of mochijson2e
if it meant that we could just use stock Mochiweb.  I'll try to take a look at that soon.
 Best,

Adam