couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: convert apache logs to json
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:10:59 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:03:15PM +1100, Nicholas Orr wrote:
> I've created the log format I want, I just haven't sorted out the best way
> to read each line into couchdb, when I do it'll be simple as pie :)

Remember that CustomLog can pipe into an external program. This could be a
small script which turns each line into a separate POST request in real
time, or batch a few seconds' worth of logs and then do a POST to
_bulk_docs.

The log program is persistent, and it can hold open a persistent HTTP/1.1
connection to CouchDB, so it should be pretty smooth.