couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <sbis...@computervip.com>
Subject Re: convert apache logs to json
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:51:33 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 04:48:19PM -0500, Robert Recchia wrote:
> Does anyone know of any scripts or tools out there that can convert
> apache access logs to json format so they can be inserted into
> couchdb.

No, but I just threw together a little something something for you while
cooking and eating dinner: http://github.com/ravidgemole/common2couchdb

As the README says, it takes the common log formatted log and turns it into a
bulk insert that you can throw at your couchdb instance. Needs work, etc.,
especially around running the script on the same log more than once (you'll get
duplicates and will re-read the whole log file).

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee