couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien PASTOR <sebastien.pas...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Newbie :Filtering using complex key and array
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:43:43 GMT
Sorry for the previous blank mail ... here is the content :

Hi there,

Pretty new to couchDB. I ve read a lot about couchdb and finally dive
into it with a small project :)
I am trying to do a simple thing and i am not sure at all if i am going
the right way :

my docs look like this :

{
 "name":"Pizza Torino",
   "delivery_areas":[75019,75018,75012,75013,75010],
     "type":"italian"
     }

     I managed to get  all shops by type and get a reduce function to
     do the sum ( not much i know but still quite an accomplishment for
     me :) )
     I then tried to get my result filtered by delivery_areas. as in
     getting only shop
     that do delivery in postal code 75019. I just could not  have
     anything that
     worked using startkey and endkey ... is it the way to go or is
     storing
     delivery_areas within an array not right ?

     my last map function looks like this :
         "getShops" : {
                  "map" : "function(doc){
                 emit([doc.delivery_areas,doc.type],doc.name)
	         }
     }

 Thanks for pointing me to the right direction

		   Cheers

     Seb