couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: What happens with a document, if a conflict is not resolved?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:01:07 GMT
On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 12:13:27PM +0530, ericdes wrote:
> I'm currently
> writing a .Net driver for CouchDB, and my point of view about making the
> default GET include all conflicts is that it is not a bad idea at all
> (even ideal), although a driver implementation may 'hide' that by
> implementing a GetDocument method that would add the query option by
> default.

I agree, this is something which client libraries can wrap and hide,
although I think it could be cleaner if there were a slightly different form
of open_revs=all (see COUCHDB-548)

> I think it's more annoying not to have the possibility of using the
> conflict query 'conflicts=true' when requesting multiple documents (I
> mean especially when you don't want to include the docs).

You could add a vote to

I'm not sure if you mean getting the conflict state without getting the
entire document (i.e. without include_docs=true). It would be possible, but
I don't know how expensive it would be. Perhaps couchdb would have to do as
much tree walking to find the conflicting revs as it would to retrieve the
entire document anyway.

Regards,

Brian.