couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflict in Karmic
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2009 22:18:25 GMT
On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 11:28:37AM +0000, Matt Goodall wrote:
> This works: http://mattgoodall.blogspot.com/2009/09/build-couchdb-on-ubuntu-910-karmic.html.

Thanks. I see that installing xulrunner-dev also installs libnspr4-dev as a
dependency, just as libmozjs-dev does, so that eliminates one problem,

What I don't understand is that libmozjs-dev is causing a conflict, but
libmozjs itself isn't. I was able to build couchdb like this:

* apt-get install libmozjs-dev        (removes firefox as side effect)
* ... normal build...
* apt-get install firefox             (removes libmozjs-dev as side effect)

> Can anyone else suggest a better way?

It's annoying to have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH on each run. Setting
LD_RUN_PATH at compile time should build that information into the binary,
but I'll need to test.