couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: all_dbs_active - what should an app do when it gets this?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:12:00 GMT
On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Damien Katz wrote:

> I think I know what's happening. With delayed commits each database waits ~1 sec before
fully committing to disk. So each database is considered "open" until that commit happens.
So this looks like normal behavior to me.

> We could try to tell a database to fully commit when that happens, then close it, but
it can take a long time to complete a fsync and a client could reopen the database in that
time, etc. There are no perfect solutions here.

> -Damien

Good catch, you're quite right.  Best,

Adam