couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <>
Subject Reserved words
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:13:08 GMT

I read "System reserved items start with underscore, ... does not
allow any user-defined property to begin with an underscore." at [1]
which left me curious if the _ rule applies to design doc names?
_design/_foo for example is valid as of .10.0, but is that going to

We intend on possibly naming document properties "#_*" would this
cause future conflicts? Any recommendation for a "private" prefix for
property names within documents? Documents may contain properties that
belong to a user, so we are trying to avoid collisions (or is it best
to separate user named properties within a object in a named property:
i.e.: user_properties: {Field: "foo" ... Field10: "baz"}) ?

View raw message