couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:40:12 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Simon Eisenmann <simon@struktur.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am currently trying to set up a CouchDB cluster with three nodes each
> replication changes to the others. Basically this works just fine for a
> while with only a couple of changes per minute on every node.
>
> However at some point (a couple of hours) the replication processes just
> hang with status like "W Processed source update #12336" (as shown in
> Futon). Only solution to get this replication running again, is to
> restart the CouchDB. This happens not on all nodes. Usually it begins at
> one node and some time later the other nodes also have hanging
> replication processes.
>
> So the question is how stable is the replication supposed to be in a
> vice versa scenario having multiple changes and multiple replications
> coming in and going out at the same time. Is there a recommended way to
> have a multi master replicating environment?
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Best regards
> Simon
>

> ps: I am using the 0.10.0 release with erlang R13B01 on Ubuntu Linux
> 64bit.
>

> --
> Simon Eisenmann
>
> [ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]
>
> [ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
> [ T. +49.711.896656.0 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
> [ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]

Simon,

Are there any tracebacks in the logs that you can paste? I don't think
I've heard of replication getting wedged without some sort of
feedback.

Also, are you using continuous replication then? I do know that just
before the 0.10.0 release that Adam Kocoloski and Robert Newson spent
a good amount of time getting star (all nodes replicate continuously
to all otheres) kinks ironed out. Or maybe it was a ring. I dunno, but
there was work on something like that.

Paul Davis