couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB eating up all available memory
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:44:32 GMT
Subbarayudu,

Well if its affected by dropping kernel caches then its not actually
CouchDB doing the caching. This is just the kernel being smart in how
its allocating FS caches and so on. You should worry too much as its
soft so if something else needs the RAM it can be allocated which is
different than if CouchDB were actively trying to hold on to it.

HTH,
Paul Davis