couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting CouchDB on Ubuntu (trunk rev 821585)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:22:35 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Andreas Wenk
<a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> What version of Erlang did you originally upgrade from? Perhaps you
>> had a version of CouchDB compiled with an old version of Erlang that
>> was causing issues? Ie, no make clean left CouchDB beam files?
>>
>> Paul
>
> Hm, I am not sure which Erlang Version is shipped with a newly installed
> Lenny (maybe two months old ...). And I am quite sure that this was the
> first CouchDB installaton on this machine. But does this matter anyway? I
> thought if compiling first Erlang newly and then CouchDB it should be linked
> to this Erlang version ... ?
>
> Actually I removed everything completely. Means rm the source folder where I
> compiled Erlang and CouchDB. Means IMHO there have been no files left for
> CouchDB.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

I was going on the theory that you build CouchDB with one version of
Erlang, upgraded Erlang, tried rebuilding again, but the previous
build artefacts prevented anything from building. The, running .beam
files with a different version of Erlang made things hurt. That sounds
not to be the case though.

Paul