couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow deleting
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:36:14 GMT
Views won't affect deletion speeds at all. What version of CouchDB on
what operating system are you using? Also, if possible you'll want to
group as many deletes as possible into a single _bulk_docs call.

Regardless of _bulk_docs, 4rps seems slow if you're on one of the
releases. If you're on an older version of trunk, try updating to the
current version to see if that helps out.

Paul Davis