couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting CouchDB on Ubuntu (trunk rev 821585)
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:01:44 GMT
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Andreas Wenk
<a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Andreas Wenk
>> What in the world. R13B02 should be just fine. I haven't heard any
>> complaints by people upgrading.
>>
>> I assume this won't give much newness, but maybe:
>>
>> $ sudo su - couchdb
>> $ couchdb -i
>>
>> Also, double check that there's not another Couch instance running.
>>
>> Paul
>
> ok here we go ...
>
> ps -ef shows no couchdb processes are running.
>
> $ sudo su - couchdb
> couchdb@duke:~$ couchdb -i
> Erlang R13B02 (erts-5.7.3) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
> [kernel-poll:true]
>
> Eshell V5.7.3  (abort with ^G)
> 1>
>
> Should I uninstall Erlang and CouchDB and install it again with a lower
> Erlang version? Just to see what happens ?
>
> Thanks for examination ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

You could try R13B01, but like I say, I haven't heard of anyone else
having R13B02 issues.

Can you try make dev and ./utils/run in the CouchDB source tree?

# edit ./etc/couchdb/local_dev.ini setting log level to debug
$ make dev
$ ./utils/run

See what that gives