couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Vlad GURDIGA <gurd...@gmail.com>
Subject JSONView to the rescue
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:20:54 GMT
I guess everyone starting with CouchDB would like to have a little
nicer error messages.
JSONView* Firefox add-on with a little patch can ease a this pain.

By default it beautifies only responses with content-type
application/json. But this is easy "fixable" if you register it for
text/plain responses too. Yeah, I now it's not a nice and clean
approach but it looks like working for now. :)

Here is how:
- find the jsonview.js in the add-on directory (if you are not able
find it you probably don't want to mess with it, sorry);
- adjust postRegister and preUnregister functions;
- restart Firefox.

* https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10869