couchdb-user mailing list archives

From venkata subbarayudu <avsrit2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB eating up all available memory
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:34:48 GMT
Hi Paul Davis,
       Thanks for your quick reply, By the time I check the memory, all of
the tasks were completed, and even if I shutdown the couchdb server, I was
not seeing a big. difference in free-memory, unless either I restart the
system or drop_caches using '/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'. I am just wondering
what makes caches to take that much memory. (is this because of couchdb?),
and also its helpful to me to know a way of specifying the MaxMemory
allocated for couchdb (irrespective of whether the mem.consumption is
because of couchdb or not).

Subbarayudu.