couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Attachments and conflicts
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:03:31 GMT
Hello all,

I'm working on a project to coallate various log files written by
different programs into a single couch document to make some debugging
we've been working on easier. The way I have it set up is there are
different perl scripts that sit and watch various log
files/directories, and once a new log shows up, it attaches it to the
document that corresponds to a per-task document in the DB.

If one log, agentA uploads logA as an attachment to the document, and
then agentB uploads logB as an attachment to the document (but doesn't
mention logA), what happens? Will a conflict get raised? Will logA get
removed?

best regards,
Andrew
--