couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marijn Stollenga <m.stolle...@gmail.com>
Subject conflict resolving
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:03:43 GMT
Thanks for the help guys! I also have another question. In the game I
am making there probably can be conflicts as a result of race-
conditions. I am not sure how I will resolve these, but one idea is to
find the conflicts in couchdb and resolve them with some routine.

What is the best way to find and resolve conflicts? I could make a
view that shows conflicting documents, which I periodically check and
then resolve. But I don't really like the fact that there are delays
in that setup (between conflict creation and finding it using the
view). Is there a way to hook up a conflict-resolver immediately as a
conflict gets created?

Marijn