couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best practice for spreading one master across several disks?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:59:59 GMT

On 26 Oct 2009, at 17:49, AnotherNetFellow wrote:

> It seems an unofficial patch, isn't it?

couchdb-lounge is a full third party project on top of CouchDB, not a
patch.

> The CouchDB description states that it is a distributed db. So
> shouldn't it
> integrate a distribution engine to spare databases on many servers?

There are different understandings of "distributed". CouchDB's idea is
that
distributing full data sets between nodes is an equally valid use-case
(and
IMHO a much more common one).

That said, Adam already said CouchDB will have partitioning and it's
a good thing :)

Cheers
Jan